Zaytuna College can benefit considerably through your planned gift contributions. Your patronage will be used to support undergraduate and Arabic Intensive scholarships, faculty chairs, research, endowment, institutional and program development, and infrastructure and campus priorities. There are a number of planned gift options available to you, from naming Zaytuna College as a beneficiary in your will to a more complex trust arrangement, that may enable you to make a more significant gift than you thought possible while allowing you to achieve your financial, philanthropic, and estate planning goals.
Please contact the Office of Development at Zaytuna College at 510-356-4753 or email@example.com to discuss your planned gift options. These options include:
- Bequests: Bequests are one way to give to Zaytuna College without affecting your cashflow during your lifetime. Bequests are any assets or a percentage of assets including a specific amount of cash or marketable securities, real estate, etc. that you bequeath in a will or trust to Zaytuna College.
- Retained Life Estate: A retained life estate is a gift plan that allows you a large tax deduction by donating your residence (home, vacation house, etc.) to Zaytuna College while retaining the right to live in it for the rest of your life, a term of years, or a combination of the two. If you decide to vacate your property, you may rent all or part of your property in cooperation with Zaytuna College. When your retained life estate ends, Zaytuna College can then use your property or the proceeds from the sale of your property to fulfill its funding needs.
- Charitable Bargain Sale: This option allows you to sell your residence or other property to Zaytuna College for a price below the appraised market value –a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale. Zaytuna College makes the payment to you in lump sum, or in fixed installments, on the sale of the property. You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the discount you took from the appraised market value of your property and you pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property. Zaytuna College may use the property or may elect to sell it and use the proceeds to fulfill its funding needs.
- Charitable Gifts Through your IRA: The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 has extended the IRA Charitable Rollover for 2011. Originally passed in 2006 as part of the Pension Protection Act, the IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to Zaytuna College, without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax purposes.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Charitable lead trust is an innovative way to pass appreciating assets on to family members while making gifts to Zaytuna College in the interim. A lead trust reduces beneficiaries' taxable income by first donating a portion of the trust's income to Zaytuna College and then, after a specified period of time, transferring the remainder of the trust to the beneficiaries.
- Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity: A deferred charitable gift annuity is funded with cash or stock that is given to Zaytuna College. In exchange, Zaytuna College promises to pay you, or up to two annuitants, on specified dates in the future, fixed annuity payments for life. The principal passes to Zaytuna College when the contract ends. This option has significant benefits for the donor, for example: deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction; you can target your annuity payments to begin when you need them, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payments; the longer you defer payments, the higher the effective rate you will receive; if you used appreciated securities, your annuity payments may be treated as part capital gain income; You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now that benefits both you and Zaytuna College later.
- Immediate Charitable Gift Annuity: A gift annuity offers immediate tax relief, and has the potential to provide some tax-free retirement income. In exchange for the gift contributions made to Zaytuna College, the College guarantees a retirement income, either immediate or deferred which can last for the entire lifetimes of the donor and spouse. In addition to the economic advantages, the donor can experience the satisfaction of seeing a part of the proceeds of a gift put to immediate use at Zaytuna College, an endeavor which is dear to his or her heart.
Zaytuna College has a 501(c)(3) status in the United States, and all donations are tax deductable. Our tax ID is 33-0720978.