About the Organization
Zaytuna College, America’s first accredited Muslim liberal arts college, aims to restore the centrality of the pursuit of knowledge that has always been the hallmark of the Islamic tradition. The primary mission of the college is “to educate and prepare morally committed professional, intellectual, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society.” A central goal of the College is to reintegrate the once vital and influential voice of Muslim thought and erudition back into the ongoing Western Conversation of Great Ideas within the context of our new globalized society.
Zaytuna College offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Islamic Law and Theology, as well as a six-week Summer Arabic Intensive program that fulfills the (Arabic) language prerequisite for incoming freshmen. The College is located in Berkeley, California, on “Holy Hill,” so named because it has the largest consortium of religious schools in America.
The college offers a friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment.
About the Position
Zaytuna College seeks a Call Center Specialist who will communicate with our donors and provide support in areas of donor relations, gift processing, and achieving fundraising goals.
This person will provide assistance to prospective, new, and existing donors via telephone and email regarding recurring gifts and donor records; deliver respectful, timely, and accurate donor services including credit card activations, changes, and deactivations; make calls and update donor records in Raisers Edge and via Zaytuna’s online donation website; answer donor questions on the phone and through email and troubleshoot gift-processing issues; and, update call logs indicating daily phone and email activities and issue resolutions.
This is a contract position that reports to the Development Operations Manager.
- Provide assistance to potential, new and existing donors via various channels of communications (telephone, email, and hard copy correspondence).
- Address issues with credit card gifts, including new activations, changes and deactivations.
- Create, maintain, and update donor and gift records via the Zaytuna donations webpage and Raisers Edge in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain call log for donors reached and issues resolved.
- Provide assistance to donors with gifts, receipts, and other requests.
- Support Development Department projects and initiatives (including data audits and record maintenance) as required.
- Must be well organized, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Must possess a willingness to quickly learn new computer and internet applications.
- Must keep detailed records and initiate proper donor follow-up as needed.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to listen to instructions and accept and improve from critiques, coaching and training.
- Ability to communicate with donors in a respectful, friendly, and professional manner.
Experience and Qualifications
- An Associate’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to think critically and solve problems under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service is preferred
- Previous experience in data entry is desired
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Work Status:
- Contract Position
- Time Commitment:
- 30-40 hrs/week
- Job Location:
- Berkeley, CA
How to Apply
- Application Materials:
- Send current Resume/CV and cover letter to Ghaith Saggaf, Development Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter, provide a brief description about how your experience and skills are aligned with the position responsibilities.
- Include in your Resume/CV the names, titles, institutions, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notice to the candidate.
- Zaytuna College is an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.